Structured listening and questioning help:
- to write down the heard thoughts in a structured and quick way
- to distinguish the necessary content from your own thoughts
- make structured notes
- listening to the communication partner to clarify his thoughts
As a result of completing the course, the participants are able to distinguish and observe important content, find arguments in the other party's story and analyze the presented content.
These skills can be used, for example:
- in a situation where it is necessary to listen to a person and control the emotions that have arisen
- to ask for rational communication
- targeted questions and bring a reasoned and calm answer to the other party
"After completing the training, I have made several public appearances. Gaining attention at the beginning of the speech, introducing the general structure of the speech (what we are talking about, divisions), engaging the audience (questions, listening to opinions, etc.)."